Summer may have vanished before our very eyes, but the taste of summer can still linger. Try this super fresh tasting salsa over your favorite cut of grilled steak or fish or simply by the spoonful and have a summer party in your mouth!
Remember, we NEED fat to survive. Avocados are an excellent source of the fats necessary to keep our appetite in check, our skin, hair and nails strong and shiny, and our brains functioning optimally.
Ingredients – feel free to adjust these ratios to your individual tastes.
- 1 c mango
- 1 c avocado
- 1 c orange pepper
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Dice mango, avocado and orange pepper and place in large mixing bowl
- Finely chop red onion and cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over contents of bowl and mix well.
- Let stand in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill and let flavors blend.
- Add salt if necessary.