Sometimes you just want some good old fashioned pancakes, you know?
Those of us who live a grain free lifestyle know what I am talking about. There are tons of recipes for all different types of gluten free, or grain free, or paleo pancakes, but somehow they never really make the grade. They are often too dense or too eggy to really pass for anything close to a traditional pancake.
So, when I recently got a hankering for pancakes, I went back to the internet and began a discerning search. I knew that it would be unlikely for me to find just one recipe that might fit my bill, but I figured if I looked at enough recipes, I might be able to put together something that worked from several different sources. The end result? Something that is truly worthy of being called a pancake! Oh, and for those waffle lovers out there…I’m pretty sure this batter would make some rockin’ waffles! Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1 c coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey (raw, organic is best)
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Scramble the 4 eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remainder of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until batter has a smooth and even consistency.
- Cook as you would any other type of pancake, eat and ENJOY!