Now, I think you’ll agree that there is nothing quite like a fresh, crisp, juicy apple. But, when its cold and dreary, like it has been these past few days, something sweet and warm is the perfect remedy to chase the chill. Try these delicious apple recipes and kill two birds with one stone!
Baked Apples – simple, fast, easy and the perfect dessert
- 6 apples, cut in half and cored
- 3 tsp grass fed butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut and core apples.
- Place face up in a shallow baking dish.
- Fill the center of each apple with 1/2 tsp butter.
- Sprinkle each apple with cinnamon.
- Bake until apples are soft, 15-35 min depending on the size of your apples.
- Serve warm.
These apples are perfect on their own, but if you are feeling particularly indulgent, try a drizzle of maple syrup or a scoop of coconut ice cream.
Get home late and dont have time to wait for baked apples to come out of the oven? Or, maybe you’d rather have your treat in the morning 🙂 Try this instead…
Overnight Apple Breakfast Cobbler
- 6 Apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 c Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 c Coconut Milk
- 1/2 c Raisins
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 1 T Vanilla
- 1 t Salt
- Grease the bottom of your crockpot with the coconut oil.
- Place all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined and pour into the crockpot.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or just overnight.
- Serve topped with raw nuts and more coconut.
And for the more traditional among us…
Homemade Apple Sauce – an oldie, but a goodie! In my house, as a kid, nothing beat a bowl of warm, chunky, deliciously cinnamon apple sauce!
- Sea salt (optional)
- Peel and cube apples.
- Place apples in a pot and add water until apples are nearly covered.
- Simmer on low/med heat until apples completely break down when mashed with a fork.
- Add cinnamon and salt to taste.
- Serve warm or cold