This weekend my husband ran the Tough Mudder on Mt. Snow in VT. As a result of his expedition I have far too many bananas in my kitchen. Since they are going bad fast after traveling to and from VT without being eaten, I need to use them – PRONTO!
I’ve been craving baked goods lately…and what makes better use of over ripe bananas than banana bread! This recipe is loaded with protein (eggs, coconut flour) and healthy fat (eggs, coconut oil and shredded coconut) making it perfect for breakfast or a snack on the go. I love it because it just tastes good!
- 8 eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease 4 mini loaf pans with coconut oil.
- Mash eggs and banana together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add in the baking powder, shredded coconut, and coconut flour and mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour batter into 4 mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm with Kerrygold grass-fed butter. Enjoy!
6 thoughts on “This Bread is Bananas”
My brother in law and 70 of his pals from Maine also ran the tough mudder in VT this past weekend….you likely saw them and didn’t know they were my pals/relatives! that would be fun…. and I LOVE banana bread to boot!
They are hosting a 2nd Tough Mudder in July on Mt. Snow….if I’m not headed to the CrossFit games, I’ll be hitting the muddy slopes…you game??
The banana bread is so outrageously good you’d never know it wasn’t “real”. We polished off the last mini loaf for breakfast, so I’m making a second batch with all these leftover bananas as we speak.
Lol are you kidding me!!! I committed to a spying triathlon in July… You ready?!
You did!!! Congratulations, that is fantastic Deb!!! You’re going to have a ball!
I’ll be ready by July. I figure if I can survive all this crossfit training, I’ll be able to survive the tough mudder 🙂