This weekend my husband ran the Tough Mudder on Mt. Snow in VT. As a result of his expedition I have far too many bananas in my kitchen. Since they are going bad fast after traveling to and from VT without being eaten, I need to use them – PRONTO!
I’ve been craving baked goods lately…and what makes better use of over ripe bananas than banana bread! This recipe is loaded with protein (eggs, coconut flour) and healthy fat (eggs, coconut oil and shredded coconut) making it perfect for breakfast or a snack on the go. I love it because it just tastes good!
- 8 eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease 4 mini loaf pans with coconut oil.
- Mash eggs and banana together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add in the baking powder, shredded coconut, and coconut flour and mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour batter into 4 mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm with Kerrygold grass-fed butter. Enjoy!