Words Are Only 3% of What You Say

Your words only constitute 3% of how you speak to others.   The other 97% of your communication?  Its a story told by your body language.

As social animals, one of the most basic human needs is the need to feel love and belonging.  Effective communication with others is our vehicle to have that need fulfilled.

This weekend I watched a documentary on the History Channel called “The Secrets of Body Language”.  It was absolutely fascinating to learn how the body can reveal subtle clues about the true emotional state of others and how powerful this can be in creating effective communication with others.  Watch the documentary in its entirety below and see how others are communicating with you and what messages you may be sending out into the world.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Words Are Only 3% of What You Say

Please leave a reply!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s