There is no doubt that pumpkins are officially in season! Everywhere you look – pumpkin coffee, pumpkin breads and muffins, pumpkin pies, even pumpkin beer. And because these deliciously flavored goodies are only available in the fall, it makes indulging in the seasonal flavor that much more tempting.
Below is a yummy recipe for pumpkin mini muffins (easily baked as bread if you desire) that provides what we love about the taste of fall without any of the junk! These treats are high in protein making them a perfect addition to breakfast or a quick and satisfying snack on the go.
- 6 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- 4 T melted grass fed butter or coconut oil
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix eggs and pumpkin together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, butter, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add in shredded coconut, and coconut flour and mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Scoop into mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm with a cup of homemade cinnamon strudel or pumpkin coffee. Enjoy!
One thought on “Pumpkin Mini Muffins”