It appears I have been on a bit of a chocolate kick, and I am not stopping now.
Last week I got more zucchini and zephyrs than the law allows from my CSA. This was compounded by the fact that I had nearly 2x that amount already taking up space in my refrigerator. So, what’s a girl to do with a fridge full of zucchini and zephyrs when she can’t take another bite of sautéed, baked, or stuffed zucchini? Zucchini bread, of course!
But this isn’t your mother’s zucchini bread…this is a grain free, diary free (if you choose to exclude the chocolate chips, or choose diary free chips) super moist and chocolaty delight that could rival even the best chocolate cake!
So go gather up some zucchini and ENJOY!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3.5 c shredded zucchini/zephyrs
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1.5 c raw creamy almond butter
- 2/3 c raw honey
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 c dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. And grease 4 mini loaf pans with coconut oil.
- Shred zucchini using the shredding attachment on your food processor, in the blender, or using a cheese grater.
- Remove the excess liquid from the zucchini. Place the shredded zucchini between a couple of paper towels on the counter and squeeze until zucchini feels water-less.
- Place zucchini in a bowl with the rest of your ingredients and use a large spoon to mix well until all the ingredients are combined and you have a deep chocolate color.
- Pour your ingredients into 4 mini loaf pans.
- Place in oven to bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, cut and serve!
*This recipe was adopted from Juli Bauer at PaleOMG.com
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Zucchini Bread”
I think you should SHARE!!!