This weekend my CrossFit Route 1 team and I competed in the NorthEast CrossFit Regionals at Reebok Headquarters in Canton, MA. To ensure we were well nourished throughout the weekend’s competition my good friend Kendra Hewitt made each of the team members a care package. Inside this care package was one of the most delicious, not to mention prettiest, snacks I’ve had. Whether you are looking for a quick on-the-go breakfast, a tasty snack, or something worthy of Sunday brunch, this is a must try!
Prosciutto and Spinach Egg Cups
- 12 eggs
- Baby Spinach
- 12 pieces sliced prosciutto, cut in half
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Use 2 prosciutto halves to create a lining inside each muffin cup.
- Rip a handful of spinach leaves into small pieces.
- Place a small handful of spinach pieces in each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle black pepper to taste over the spinach leaves.
- Crack 1 egg into each muffin cup.
- Cook for 16-18 min for a softer yolk, 20 min for a firmer yolk.
Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.
P.S. – They travel VERY well!